This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Try to fill crossref in passes.texi (GCC Internals)
- From: Laurynas Biveinis <laurynas dot biveinis at gmail dot com>
- To: crquan at gmail dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, "Dennis, CHENG Renquan" <crquan at fedoraproject dot org>
- Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 15:58:38 +0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Try to fill crossref in passes.texi (GCC Internals)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Hi, all,
> I'm new to Gcc hacking world, while reading these documentation (GCC Internals),
> found some places like this passes.texi may be unfinished, especially the places
> marked as CROSSREF, BUG, and TODO should be, right? I am trying to finish some
> parts in a series of patches; please give comments for anywhere I may be wrong;
I am not too qualified to comment on the patch itself (to my limited
understanding of Texinfo, it looks fine), however:
- all GCC patches must have ChangeLog entries, including documentation ones;
- the patch submission needs to state how the patch was tested. In the
case of a documentation patch it amounts to running make info dvi, see
http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html under "Documentation Changes".
Could you resubmit the patch with these requirements addressed?