This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, updated] Make emulated TLS lto-friendly.
- From: IainS <developer at sandoe-acoustics dot co dot uk>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 09:42:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch, updated] Make emulated TLS lto-friendly.
- References: <ED394B6D-943B-4EC5-8ABF-B540166AF6D8@sandoe-acoustics.co.uk> <4C350C25.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thanks for the review and sorry about the typographical nits...
I'll re-work the other things and investigate the alias oracle.
one question tho:
On 8 Jul 2010, at 00:22, Richard Henderson wrote:
+ /* ??? It is not enough to check DECL_COMMON because variables
+ allocated in other uninitialized sections. However, this
+ not be an adequate test. */
+ if (DECL_INITIAL (h->to))
Huh? Why is DECL_COMMON not sufficient?
int foo (void)
static __thread int a;
places __emutls_v.a.1700 in .lcomm and therefore needs an
initializer, but the decl is not marked DECL_COMMON.
do you believe that indicates a bug elsewhere, or is it a reasonable