This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [testsuite] Don't use multiplication in gcc.target/x86_64/abi/asm-support.S
- From: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- To: Rainer Orth <ro at CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 19:31:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: [testsuite] Don't use multiplication in gcc.target/x86_64/abi/asm-support.S
- References: <ydd39vwjzsq.fsf@manam.CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 19:16 +0200, Rainer Orth wrote:
> Currently, all gcc.target/x86_64 tests fail on Solaris 10 with the Sun
> FAIL: gcc.target/x86_64/abi/test_3_element_struct_and_unions.c compilation, -O0
> output is:
> Assembler: snapshot.S
> "/var/tmp//ccno6d7L.s", line 29 : Illegal multiplication
> While ugly, the obvious solution is to use the values directly instead
> of having the assembler do the work.
Oh well ...
> Tested with runtest --tool gcc --srcdir=<srcdir> abi-x86_64.exp both in
> a tree configured to use Sun as and in another with GNU as.
> Ok for mainline, 4.5 and 4.4 branches?
OK, but please also fix asm-support-darwin.s and avx/asm-support.S for