This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Enabling Software Prefetching by Default@-O3
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: borntraeger at de dot ibm dot com (Christian Borntraeger)
- Cc: Changpeng dot Fang at amd dot com (Fang Changpeng), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org (gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org), krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com (Andreas Krebbel)
- Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 14:46:23 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Enabling Software Prefetching by Default@-O3
Christian Borntraeger wrote:
> Looks good. As soon as this is committed, somebody should commit the following fix
> that makes fno-prefetch-loop-arrays work again on s390.
> Andreas, Ulrich. Can you have a look and apply after Changpengs patch if ok.
> * config/s390/s390.c (override_options): Adopt prefetching
> at -O3 to handle flag_prefetch_loop_arrays as a tristate.
I've checked this in now ...
> /* This cannot reside in optimization_options since HAVE_prefetch
> ! requires the arch flags to be evaluated already. Since prefetching
> ! is benefitial on s390, we enable it if available. */
... with this typo fixed: beneficial.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE