This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: plugin event for C/C++ declarations
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- To: Brian Hackett <bhackett1024 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:45:57 -0500
- Subject: Re: plugin event for C/C++ declarations
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 13:00, Brian Hackett <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi, this patch adds a new plugin event FINISH_DECL, which is invoked
> at every finish_decl in the C and C++ frontends. ÂPreviously there did
> not seem to be a way for a plugin to see the definition for a global
> that is never used in the input file, or the initializer for a global
> which is declared before a function but defined after. ÂThis event
> isn't restricted to just globals though, but also locals, fields, and
> parameters (C frontend only).
Thanks for your patch. This will be great to fix
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=41757 but we need to wait
for your copyright assignment to go through before we can accept it.