This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ Patch] Fix PR 35112
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 19:42:07 -0600
- Subject: Re: [C++ Patch] Fix PR 35112
- References: <4B0F2BD7.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Paolo Carlini <email@example.com> wrote:
> in this case the issue is slightly less simple than some other small
> patches I prepared lately. The PR is about a problem while printing the
> set of candidates for an ambiguous lookup, which I tracked down to
> print_candidates no dealing correctly with TREE_VALUE of the argument as
> TREE_LIST. Having fixed that, I noticed that the now correct diagnostics
> was emitted twice, that was evidently a pre-existing problem along this
> code path. Indeed parse/error17.C showed exactly the same problem; also
> template/dtor7.C had some dg-bogus. Thus I figured out that apparently
> in cp_parser_class_name we were emitting a second time the diagnostics
> already emitted inside cp_parser_lookup_name and tried to clean-up that,
> that is the work done right after the latter call.
> Patch tested x86_64-linux. Is it ok?
Looks good to me. Is there a chance you could put
the new code into a separate function of its own?