This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Dwarf2 missing location lists for VMS
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Douglas B Rupp <rupp at gnat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 19:44:16 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Dwarf2 missing location lists for VMS
- References: <4A68C81E.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4A6E612E.email@example.com>
On 07/27/2009 07:23 PM, Douglas B Rupp wrote:
The HP VMS Debug Team is willing take a look at implementing location
lists. I was asked to inquire if there is subset of expression
attributes. I scanned through gnatlib and found only these in the
.debug_loc section. Are there more possible? Is it a waste of time to
try to come up with a complete subset?
There are plenty more possible. The opcode language is
probably Turing complete. Those are the ones you'd expect
to see used solo, though.
I guess for now we should just assume one expression is
fine, but location lists aren't. If more trouble appears,
we can deal with that (i.e. get it fixed ;-).