This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR target/38300 libstdc++ and libgcj contain a reference to _Unwind_GetIPInfo for darwin before 9
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Java Patch List <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 10:32:44 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR target/38300 libstdc++ and libgcj contain a reference to _Unwind_GetIPInfo for darwin before 9
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Andrew Pinski wrote:
> The problem here is after the fix for PR 27880, libstc++ and libgcj
> started to have a reference to _Unwind_GetIPInfo for darwin. Darwin 8
> and before did not have _Unwind_GetIPInfo in its shared library
> version of libgcc (this is a decision made by the target maintainers
> and was a deliberate one at that). I fixed it by saying darwin 8 and
> before does not have _Unwind_GetIPInfo in GCC_CHECK_UNWIND_GETIPINFO.
> OK? Bootstrapped and tested on i386-darwin8.11 with no regressions
> (plus it fixes the bootstrap failure I was having).
Yes, this is fine for Java. It would be better to have an autoconf check
for _Unwind_GetIPInfo, but this will do.