This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [vta] fix PCH testsuite regression with DW_AT_MIPS_linkage_name
- From: Geoffrey Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 26 Nov 2008 13:51:35 -0800
- Subject: Re: [vta] fix PCH testsuite regression with DW_AT_MIPS_linkage_name
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Alexandre Oliva <email@example.com> writes:
> Turns out compilations with PCH get DECL_ASSEMBLER_NAME set earlier
> than without it, so the code I added to defer the computation of D_A_N
> in dwarf2out behaved differently, adding the DW_AT_M_l_n attribute in
> a different order. Not just that: it also attached the attribute to
> the wrong die. Oops.
> Fixed as follows. This is kind of a kludge; I can't convince myself
> it makes sense to investigate why PCH makes it different.
It's intentional, a patch Mark contributed to improve performance; it
takes quite a lot of time to compute the DECL_ASSEMBLER_NAME so you
want to do it at PCH generation time rather than when using the PCH if
> * dwarf2out.c (move_linkage_attr): New.
> (dwarf2out_finish): Add MIPS_linkage_name attribute to the correct
> die, at the right place.