This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] Fix for PR middle-end/38059, Compile time regression
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: sje at cup dot hp dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 17:36:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Fix for PR middle-end/38059, Compile time regression
- References: <200811211825.mALIP2O04820@lucas.cup.hp.com> <4927353B.email@example.com>
On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 17:24, Jeff Law <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I'll support removal if someone goes through and
> verifies removal of the pass has little effect on a reasonable body of code
> (say gcc itself).
Agreed. This pass is pretty uninteresting nowadays. We were tempted
to take it out when working on tuples, but the changes we had were
already too invasive. I also support tossing this one out.