This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [lto][patch] Clear binfo
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- To: Rafael Espindola <espindola at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Doug Kwan <dougkwan at google dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:09:39 -0500
- Subject: Re: [lto][patch] Clear binfo
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 12:02, Rafael Espindola <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Without the binfo we are unable to devirtualize the call. At this
> point in the development of lto I think that trading a performance
> regression for an ICE fix is a good choice. Once we have lto fully
> working we can start looking at exactly what we want to put on disk to
> implement this optimization again.
Agreed. Could you file a bugzilla PR for this and mark this test as
XFAIL? It will be easier to keep track of this that way.
Patch is OK with a ChangeLog entry.