This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [LTO]How should be resolve a DECL with no function body?
- From: Rafael Espindola <espindola at google dot com>
- To: Doug Kwan (éæå) <dougkwan at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:59:26 +0000
- Subject: Re: [LTO]How should be resolve a DECL with no function body?
- References: <email@example.com>
> For DECLs with no function bodies, should be treat them as definitions?
We should not stream out those decls. Can we clear the BINFO? Failing
that, we should not compute resolution for them at all. The rule of
the thumb is: If the linker doesn't see it, there is no resolution.
Rafael Avila de Espindola
Google | Gordon House | Barrow Street | Dublin 4 | Ireland
Registered in Dublin, Ireland | Registration Number: 368047