This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][m68k] PR target/36134 Prefer LEA over ADD.L
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Stubbs <ams at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 09:19:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][m68k] PR target/36134 Prefer LEA over ADD.L
- References: <491C3447.email@example.com>
Andrew Stubbs wrote:
The attached patch attempts to resolve pr36134 by preferring the
4-byte LEA instruction over the longer 6-byte ADD.L instruction, where
appropriate.This is fine. Please install.
This patch differs somewhat from the original patch posted by Gunnar
von Boehm in that it only prefers LEA when it would not use an extra
register. It also takes the split condition and scheduling attributes
into account, and adds a test-case.
I've run a full test with no regressions.