This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFA] Some fixes to ipa-pure-const local analysis
- From: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 18:44:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Some fixes to ipa-pure-const local analysis
- References: <20080918201008.GM27668@kam.mff.cuni.cz>
> * ipa-pure-const.c (check_decl): Do not handle used attribute
> on local objects specially; readonly reads are safe.
> (look_for_address_of): Remove.
> (check_rhs_var, check_lhs_var): Remove tree_could_trap check.
after some discussion both here and offline, I am still convinced that
the changes are safe, so I've comitted to the pretty-ipa branch.
I will cleanup the local analysis and add nothrow/noreturn tracking too.