This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, Fortran] PR38065 Fix checking of contained function
- From: Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle at verizon dot net>
- To: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "'fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 19:28:45 -0800
- Subject: Re: [Patch, Fortran] PR38065 Fix checking of contained function
- References: <4919A038.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Tobias Burnus wrote:
gfortran had two bugs:OK, Thanks for patch.
a) A function, contained in a public module procedure, which returns a
private derived type, was rejected claiming that the function is public,
which is nonsense
b) A public module function, returning a private derived type was
rejected with -std=f2003, but they are only invalid in -std=f95.
The patch fixes both problems and should be save for the regression only
phase as it is simple and prints an error less often than before, which
makes it safe.
Build and regtested on x86-64-linux.
OK for the trunk?