This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix small structure passing on x86-64
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 19:01:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix small structure passing on x86-64
- References: <email@example.com> <20081111173046.GB27401@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
> the test here is still bit confused. It should test if the whole array
> fits in lower 4 bytes that would be somehting like
> (bit_offset + 7) / 8 + bytes <= 4
The change was the minimal one and this was done on purpose. It's clear that
forcing a full word for 3 bytes is a little surprising, but that's what the
pre-existing code was doing.
> There are very intersting problems related to this and reading past end
> of the structure possibly causing segfault. I am working on more
> complette patch.
Thanks. The patch has already been applied on the mainline though.