This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix wrong register allocation for EH
- From: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:14:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix wrong register allocation for EH
- References: <email@example.com>
Eric Botcazou wrote:
It looks like the code was removed by the patch
but, while the second part (for abnormal edges) has been transposed in
process_bb_node_lives, the first part (for EH edges) hasn't.
2008-09-04 Richard Sandiford <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* ira-build.c (form_loop_tree): Reverse BB walk.
* ira-lives.c (make_regno_born_and_dead, regs_set): Delete.
(mark_reg_store): Rename to...
(mark_ref_live): ...this and take a df_ref argument instead of
note_stores arguments. Assert that we have a register.
(def_conflicts_with_inputs_p): New function.
(mark_reg_death): Rename to...
(mark_ref_dead): ...this and take a df_ref argument instead of
a register. Assert that we have a register.
(process_bb_node_lives): Hoist frequency calculation out of
instruction walk. Convert from a forwards scan to a backwards scan.
Use DF_REF_USES and DF_REF_DEFS instead of register notes and
note_stores. Remove EH_RETURN_DATA_REGNO and regs_set handling.
(create_allocno_live_ranges): Don't create regs_set.
I overlooked that when I was reviewing the patch. My bad.
Hence the attached patch, tested on SPARC/Solaris, OK for mainline?Yes, Eric. Thank you for the patch.
2008-11-10 Eric Botcazou <email@example.com>
* ira-lives.c (process_bb_node_lives): Deal with EH_RETURN_DATA_REGNO.