This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch committed] Defaulting to -fno-ira-share-spill-slots on SH
- From: Bernd Schmidt <bernds_cb1 at t-online dot de>
- To: Kaz Kojima <kkojima at rr dot iij4u dot or dot jp>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gnu dot org, "Vladimir N. Makarov" <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:00:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch committed] Defaulting to -fno-ira-share-spill-slots on SH
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Kaz Kojima wrote:
> PR 37514 is a wrong-code problem on SH which is a 4.4 regression
> started after the IRA merge.
> With -fno-ira-share-spill-slots, the problem goes away, though
> it increases the code sizes of several tests in CSiBE by ~10%.
> Although this code size regression isn't ignorable, I think
> that the wrong code problem is far bigger than that. I'd like
> to work around this PR by defaulting to -fno-ira-share-spill-slots
> on this target.
Wouldn't it be better to default to the old register allocator in this
case? Or simply leave it since hopefully 4.4 won't be released with
this kind of issue in the register allocator.
This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers.
Analog Devices GmbH Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6 80807 Muenchen
Sitz der Gesellschaft Muenchen, Registergericht Muenchen HRB 40368
Geschaeftsfuehrer Thomas Wessel, William A. Martin, Margaret Seif