This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR c++/35441 [4.2/4.3/4.4 regression] Completely broken diagnostics
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Manuel López-Ibáñez <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 00:17:12 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: PR c++/35441 [4.2/4.3/4.4 regression] Completely broken diagnostics
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, 7 Nov 2008, Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:
> Bootstrapped and regression tested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu with
> OK for trunk?
> 2008-11-07 Manuel Lopez-Ibanez <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> PR c++/35441
> * c-typeck.c (build_function_call): Do not print arbitrary
> * gcc.dg/pr35441.C: New.
Is this supposed to be C or C++? You're adding a .C testcase (C++?) but
adding it to a C tests directory and changing a C front end file.
And since this is reducing diagnostic quality for cases where this did
previously work, you need another (lower-priority) regression PR for the
loss of diagnostic information. (The long-term plan for fixing that being
accurate start and end locations so the expression in question can be
found again in the source text.)
Joseph S. Myers