This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH,H8300] Fix ICE due to insv and extzv patterns
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: "Naveen H.S." <naveen dot hs at kpitcummins dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Prafulla Thakare <Prafulla dot Thakare at kpitcummins dot com>
- Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 10:31:12 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH,H8300] Fix ICE due to insv and extzv patterns
- References: <78DE440C4156CC45A35FDBCBF9B830D70527F9B2@sohm.kpit.com>
Naveen H.S. wrote:
But it still sounds like you're just papering over the problem. There's
nothing which would prevent the same problem from occurring with the
original H8 port, or more specifically you haven't told me why this
scenario can't happen on the original H8 port.
insv/extv expanders in H8300 allow memory operands only for H8SX. When
a reg/subreg is used for H8SX in these expanders, it generates ICE in
Hence only memory operands are allowed for H8SX in the patch. The
present modification fixes around 500 regression failures(ICE) in C
testsuite and around 50 regression failures(ICE) in C++ testsuite.
Furthermore, you haven't described the conditions leading to the abort
in enough detail for me to understand precisely why you're getting an
ICE. So I can't even start to guess what an alternative solution might be.