This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [4.5 C] C99-conforming excess precision (fix PR 323 for C)
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 07:43:00 -0800
- Subject: Re: [4.5 C] C99-conforming excess precision (fix PR 323 for C)
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
"Joseph S. Myers" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Bootstrapped with no regressions on i686-pc-linux-gnu. Are the
> non-C-front-end parts OK for 4.5?
This is OK for 4.5.
What happens if -fexcess-precision=standard is used with C++? It
seems that the option will be accepted without complaint but that
there may be some cases where it will not work correctly. It might be
better to reject the option until the C++ frontend can be corrected.
This is amazing work. Thanks.