This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix for PR 37809 and 37807
- From: "Richard Guenther" <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: "Ralph Loader" <suckfish at ihug dot co dot nz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 10:20:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix for PR 37809 and 37807
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 8:56 AM, Ralph Loader <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> [Sorry for the delay on following up on this]
>> The rtlanal.c parts are ok. I wonder if we ever hit the _or_truncate
>> case with vector modes in force_to_mode though - can you check if
>> using gen_lowpart instead of gen_lowpart_or_truncate works?
> I checked this and gen_lowpart instead of gen_lowpart_or_truncate
> appears fine.
> Attached is patch modified to use gen_lowpart, and with the test case
> cleaned up & changeloged.
The patch is ok this way.
>> Btw, you missa ChangeLog entry for the testcase for
>> > 2008-10-19 Ralph Loader <email@example.com>
>> > PR middle-end/37807, middle-end/37809
>> > * combine.c (force_to_mode): Do not process vector types.
>> > * rtlanal.c (nonzero_bits1): Do not process vector types.
>> > (num_sign_bit_copies1): Likewise.
>> > Cheers,
>> > Ralph.