This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] New pass to partition single function into multiple sections (take 2)
- From: Michael Meissner <gnu at the-meissners dot org>
- To: Revital1 Eres <ERES at il dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Michael Meissner <meissner at the-meissners dot org>, mrmeissn at us dot ibm dot com, jh at suse dot cz, trevor_smigiel at playstation dot sony dot com, rguenther at suse dot de, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 01:05:13 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] New pass to partition single function into multiple sections (take 2)
- References: <20080822145235.GB4432@tiktok.the-meissners.org> <OF99A81C7B.12B41EA3-ONC22574B6.001F1DC4-C22574BE.0045E2A1@il.ibm.com>
On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 03:43:20PM +0300, Revital1 Eres wrote:
> Attached is an updated version of the patch, following your review.
> (Please find below replies to your comments)
> The second part of the patch, which contains
> support for debug and unwind info, was not reviewed yet
> (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2008-08/msg02234.html), so I disabled
> -fpartition-functions-into-sections for those cases. (it should be.
> enabled once the second part will be accepted)
> It passes bootstrap and regtest on powerpc64 and x86_64. On SPU it.
> passes regtest (c, c++, and fortran).
> Does this patch OK for mainline?
> Thanks again,
It looks like it it answers my comments about the previous set of patches.
Just to be sure, have you verified that the hot/cold partitioning still works
the same on hosts that don't support bb splitting?