This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, c++0x] Use decltype in libstdc++'s parallel/base.h
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: Chris Fairles <chris dot fairles at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: singler at ira dot uka dot de
- Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 19:32:03 -0500 (CDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, c++0x] Use decltype in libstdc++'s parallel/base.h
- Accept-language: en-US
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
you are raising an interesting issue. First blush the code in base.h seems indeed quite hackish and C++ is certainly moving toward good solutions for such kind of problems. My doubts:
1- Can you describe in a bit of detail the problems you are actually encountering? (seeing a long error message without context doesn't really help, ehm ;)
2- Johannes opinion?
3- Do we believe decltype is sufficiently stable for our uses at least? (comp. e.g., c++/36628)
4- Shall we just implement (__)common_type (n2615 -> n2661)?