This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][4.3] Alternate fix for PR34244, fix PR36262
- From: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, law at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 16:57:04 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][4.3] Alternate fix for PR34244, fix PR36262
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
> Zdenek, can you think of a different way to fix the compile-time and
> memory problems with clearing the SCEV cache?
no, not really. One possible way I had tried some time ago was to
remove just the information that is invalidated from the cache; however,
the overhead of deciding which part of the cache is invalidated was
larger than the gains,