This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix #pragma omp atomic with floating point types (PR middle-end/36106)
- From: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 19:17:10 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix #pragma omp atomic with floating point types (PR middle-end/36106)
- References: <20080505203427.GT2255@devserv.devel.redhat.com>
> Fixed by doing the loading in the integral type, using DECL_NO_TBAA_P on
> the pointer, and VCEing afterwards.
> CCing Diego/Zdenek, in case I've messed up the gimple_in_ssa_p (cfun)
> aka -ftree-parallelize-loops=N cases (I've tested on attached autopar-1.c)
> or if DECL_NO_TBAA_P is too risky (doing memcpy into a temporary would be
> slower though, and __sync_val_compare_and_swap stores/reads using alias set
> 0 anyway).
I do not see a problem with this (but I am not really confident about
the alias analysis consequences, I'd suggest to wait for Diego's