This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [4.0 PATCH] Fix PR c++/29106: A wrong-code regression on the 4.0 branch
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs dot tamu dot edu>
- To: Volker Reichelt <v dot reichelt at netcologne dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 12:39:01 -0600 (CST)
- Subject: Re: [4.0 PATCH] Fix PR c++/29106: A wrong-code regression on the 4.0 branch
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sat, 27 Jan 2007, Volker Reichelt wrote:
| The patch addresses a wrong-code regression on the 4.0 branch
| that appeared in GCC 4.0.3.
| It's a backport of two patches from the 4.1 branch to the 4.0 branch.
| They have been on the 4.1 branch for quite some time now, and didn't
| cause any trouble there.
GCC-4.0.x is what it is -- we all know it is the source of many
wrong-code generations. The purpose of GCC-4.0.4 is not to fix
them. Most of them have been fixed in GCC-4.1.x. My job is
to get GCC-4.0.4 out, with all its imperfections.
| The first patch from Mark for PR 29106 fixes the wrong-code bug.
| It is documented in
| The second patch from Simon for PR 28284 fixes a minor diagnostic
| regression that is introduced by the former patch. It is documented in
| Bootstrapped and regtested on i686-pc-linux-gnu.
| Ok for the 4.0 branch?
Yes; but please to consider that GCC-4.0.4 is frozen unless we've a
major blocker. We are not going to fix more PRs in GCC-4.0.4 even
though we know of patches on GCC-4.1.x. GCC-4.0.4 is near to