This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Merging mem-ssa into mainline
- From: "Daniel Berlin" <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: "Diego Novillo" <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 19:17:54 -0500
- Subject: Re: Merging mem-ssa into mainline
- References: <45775A66.email@example.com>
On 12/6/06, Diego Novillo <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
I will be merging mem-ssa into mainline over the next few days. The
experiments that I have been doing show marked improvements in compile
times over the set of programs that I have in my sandbox. The
compiler should now be between 5% and 25% faster.
Here's a summary of the speedups I obtained with respect to mainline
Uh, 119145 was before the rechanging of the alias analysis stuff.
This patch had significant performance impact on tramp3d and other cases.
So sadly, you may want to retest if you really want to know *runtime
performance* numbers (I know this sucks).
Compile-time performance numbers are likely the same, so i wouldn't