This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR28230, wrong code with VRP and -fwrapv
- From: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:45:01 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR28230, wrong code with VRP and -fwrapv
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, Richard Guenther wrote:
> This fixes PR28230, VRP was interestingly thinking that -frwapv is
> somehow special for combining value ranges in general. But of course just
> "ignoring" overflow in [0, 65000] + [0, +Inf] is not yielding any
> useful value range.
> The fix for this is to move the flag_wrapv handling to the unsigned
> Bootstrapped and tested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.
> Ok for mainline?
Btw. the bug is latent on the 4.1 branch, too. So ok for that, too?
Richard Guenther <email@example.com>
Novell / SUSE Labs