This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Generate switch statements in genpreds.c
- From: Bernd Schmidt <bernds_cb1 at t-online dot de>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 00:33:32 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Generate switch statements in genpreds.c
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
Roger Sayle wrote:
> The patch below addresses some of the performance loss (on all
> platforms) by enhancing genpreds.c to write switch statements
> when testing the not-uncommon case of checking against a list of
> RTX codes.
> Ok for mainline?
Not sure if it's really stage3 material.
It might be more profitable to teach the compiler to do transformations
like this by itself.