This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Preview: PATCH to overhaul C++ visibility handling
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org Patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 17:00:42 -0700
- Subject: Re: Preview: PATCH to overhaul C++ visibility handling
- References: <449C3FF1.firstname.lastname@example.org> <449F2CCD.email@example.com>
On Jun 25, 2006, at 5:39 PM, Jason Merrill wrote:
Tested on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu. I'd like to apply this patch for
4.2, since it fixes the various issues that make visibility support
useless for C++.
We'd like to see it in 4.2.
Perhaps leaving out the bits to make the anonymous namespace imply
TREE_PUBLIC = 0 for now; that code seems the most risky, and
orthogonal to the actual visibility support.
Actually, we'd like to see that work in 4.2 as well. If you want to
default it to off via 0 && or some such, that would be fine.