This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] for PRs 27639 and 26719
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: "Richard Guenther" <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, "Zdenek Dvorak" <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>, sebastian dot pop at cri dot ensmp dot fr, rguenther at suse dot de
- Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 13:07:20 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] for PRs 27639 and 26719
- References: <20060520192624.GA28713@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Uh, I would guess a safe answer from nowrap_type_p is false, so you
> need to put some reasoning behind that (integer) types with a base
> type do not wrap.
My understanding is that a value may wrap in the base type but never in the
> Apart from that, you seem to rely on "optimization" (nowrap_type_p returning
> true) to avoid the bug?
Not sure it's an optimization. But perhaps tweaking convert_affine_scev would
indeed be better.