This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [MinGW] Backport VirtualQuery() on Windows 9x/ME fix for BoehmGC (Was: Re: GCJ 4.03 crash on Windows 98 continued)
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Ranjit Mathew <rmathew at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCJ Patches <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Marco Trudel <mtrudel at gmx dot ch>, Jesper Juul / Soup Games <jesper at soupgames dot net>, Hans dot Boehm at hp dot com
- Date: 20 Jun 2006 09:31:12 -0600
- Subject: Re: [MinGW] Backport VirtualQuery() on Windows 9x/ME fix for BoehmGC (Was: Re: GCJ 4.03 crash on Windows 98 continued)
- References: <65953E8166311641A685BDF71D865826BC1A71@cacexc12.americas.cpqcorp.net> <449716BC.email@example.com> <4497611B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Ranjit" == Ranjit Mathew <email@example.com> writes:
Ranjit> I presume GC 6.7 might not be imported into the GCC mainline
Ranjit> any time soon
Yeah, this kind of slipped through the cracks.
Ranjit> so I propose backporting this particular fix
Ranjit> from GC 6.7 to the version in mainline as shown by the attached
Ranjit> I have tested this patch using an i686-pc-linux-gnu to
Ranjit> i686-pc-mingw32 cross-compiler and simple executables compiled
Ranjit> by GCJ work once again on Windows 98 (at least) whereas
Ranjit> they used to always crash before this patch.
Ranjit> OK to apply?