This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, fortran] PR25289 Cannot handle record numbers large than huge(0_4)
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle at verizon dot net>
- Cc: Fortran List <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 03:10:24 -0400
- Subject: Re: [Patch, fortran] PR25289 Cannot handle record numbers large than huge(0_4)
- References: <44964AC9.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 11:57:13PM -0700, Jerry DeLisle wrote:
> Hi All,
> The attached patch fixes this bug on i686-pc-linux-gnu.
> I would appreciate this getting tested on some other platforms.
> The patch converts the record number used for direct I/O to type gfc_offset
> in the library and on the front end changes the type to int8 to match.
> This has been regression tested, NIST tested, and large IO tested.
> OK for trunk and then later 4.1?
This is an ABI incompatible change, how can it be applied to 4.1?