This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [committed] Change default for enable_hash_synchronization_default on PA-RISC
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: konqueror at gmx dot de, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, doko at cs dot tu-berlin dot de
- Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:01:33 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [committed] Change default for enable_hash_synchronization_default on PA-RISC
> >>>>> "Michael" == Michael Koch <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Michael> I would really welcome a backport tp 4.1 branch. This would help me a
> Michael> lot to make GCJ reliable on Debian hppa.
> Note that this change affects the ABI. That means if you do a
> backport then users have to recompile their programs -- at least,
> programs using the "C++" ABI.
There's another ABI change in 4.1 (fix for passing of complex floats),
so this additional change may not present much of a problem. As a result,
I don't think Debian is using 4.1 to any great extent yet. I don't have
a good assessment of how many others might be using GCJ on hppa and how
much these users would benefit.
The TLS support for linux contains a new locking technique and probably
hashing will be usable when this is available.
J. David Anglin email@example.com
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)