This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [lto] PATCH: Skeleton LTO front end
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:18:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: [lto] PATCH: Skeleton LTO front end
- References: <200606121901.k5CJ1XWo028180@sparrowhawk.codesourcery.com>
Mark Mitchell wrote:
This patch creates the LTO front end -- which does absolutely nothing
of any interest at this point. This is just a skeleton.
The next steps will be:
1. Basic command-line processing so that we can specify the object
files to read/optimize.
2. Locate DWARF information in ELF files. (Presumably, this will be
extended to other object formats later.)
3. Create a tree -- of some kind -- from the stored DWARF information.
I think it would be cool if this skeleton went to the wiki as the
"skeleton for a front-end".
Anybody would like to do this?