This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [LTO] Localize SSA variables
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gnovillo at redhat dot com, zadeck at naturalbridge dot com, rth at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 09:12:45 -0400
- Subject: Re: [LTO] Localize SSA variables
- References: <20060611124054.GL15354@kam.mff.cuni.cz>
Jan Hubicka wrote on 06/11/06 08:40:
> as discussed briefly with Diego and Kenneth on IRC, I would like to
> break out the basic changes needed to make IPA on SSA happen from the
> IPA branch and send them for consideration for merging to LTO branch.
I think the IPA-SSA branch is a lot farther along than LTO. Merging
into LTO would mostly slow you down, I think.
Some of the changes you need for IPA-SSA are also needed for LTO
(slimmer data structures, replacement of annotations with on-the-side
tables). So, as long as we make sure that these tables are properly
privatized for each cgraph node, we should be fine.
I think the best alternative now is for IPA-SSA to merge into mainline
for 4.3 and then LTO will inherit the changes at some point. The only
intersection of the two branches is the removal of annotations.
Everything else should Just Work.