This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [wwwdocs] Point some GCJ pages to the corresponding Wiki pages
- From: Ranjit Mathew <rmathew at gmail dot com>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: GCJ Patches <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gerald at pfeifer dot com, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 07:07:39 +0530
- Subject: Re: [wwwdocs] Point some GCJ pages to the corresponding Wiki pages
- Openpgp: url=http://ranjitmathew.hostingzero.com/aa_6C114B8F.txt
- References: <447A581E.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Tom Tromey wrote:
> Ranjit> As a follow-up to the previous discussion on this issue:
> Ranjit> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2006-05/msg00092.html
> Ranjit> I propose to apply the following patch that changes some of
> Ranjit> the links on the GCJ pages to point to the corresponding Wiki
> Ranjit> pages instead of the static and bitrotten original web
> Ranjit> pages. I also propose to remove those web pages.
> I don't recall seeing a response to this.
> IMO it is fine, but I think Gerald should have final say. (And
> anyway I can't approve changes to style.mhtml)
In another message:
Gerald did respond to this idea.
"Let me check with RMS first, if you don't mind. More and more mixing
[r]egular HTML and Wiki doesn't seem [right]. Perhaps moving everything
to a Wiki is an option, or clearly defining some areas which are on a
the Wiki might work.
I'm a bit worried that by just mixing things will get more confusing
from a user perspective."
Ranjit Mathew Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com
Bangalore, INDIA. Web: http://rmathew.com/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----