This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] reload: X constraint doesn't match everything
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: krebbel1 at de dot ibm dot com (Andreas Krebbel), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 08 Jun 2006 11:10:08 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] reload: X constraint doesn't match everything
- References: <200606081805.k58I5OmG017223@earth.phy.uc.edu>
Andrew Pinski <email@example.com> writes:
> > Andreas Krebbel <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > > 2006-06-08 Andreas Krebbel <email@example.com>
> > >
> > > * reload.c (find_reloads): Unset force_reload for 'X' constraint.
> > This is OK when we go back to stage 1 (mainline is currently in stage
> > 3 and open for bug fixes only, and as far as I know this does not fix
> > a bug).
> Uh, I think it fixes an ICE with some asm("xxx":"X"(rrr)) .
> See pr 20491.
If it fixes an ICE, then of course it is OK for mainline. But I'm a
bit skeptical that this change fixes PR 20491.