This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] for PR 26449
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 12:35:02 -0600 (MDT)
- Subject: Re: [patch] for PR 26449
On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:
> PR rtl-optimization/26449
> * loop-invariant.c (move_invariant_reg): Fail if force_operand fails.
This is OK for mainline, provided that you also add Richard Guenther's
reduced testcase from comment #2 of the bugzilla PR as a new gcc.target
We've been bitten by these awkward TImode patterns before, for example,
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2006-05/msg00472.html, where the SSE2
shift instructions expose TImode operations to the RTL optimizers, even
though !scalar_mode_supported(TImode) on x86.
I think your fix of explicitly checking whether force_operand fails
in move_invariant_reg looks safe, and prevents problems on all targets,
but I still think we should tidy up the i386 backend in this respect.
Thanks for fixing this.