This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 4.2 Status Report (2006-06-04)
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Joern RENNECKE <joern dot rennecke at st dot com>
- Cc: gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, rth at redhat dot com, bernd dot schmidt at analog dot com
- Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 17:30:39 -0700
- Subject: Re: GCC 4.2 Status Report (2006-06-04)
- References: <44847E81.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Joern RENNECKE wrote:
> In http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2006-06/msg00120.html, you wrote:
>> As fwprop is no longer on the table for 4.2, and as the vectorizer
>> improvements seem to have stalled due to a combination of lack of review
>> and Dorit's leave, I think it's time to declare 4.2 feature-complete.
> I am still waiting for review of by auto-increment patches, and for Berndt
> to complete the cross-jump part struct-equiv patches, so that I can post an
> updated patch for the if-conversion part.
Depending on how quickly that goes, and how quickly other things go,
those things may or may not make 4.2. We'll have to take it case by case.
> The patch queue also includes some patches for bugs that are not
> strictly speaking regressions.
As usual, I think we should permit the inclusion of already submitted
(650) 331-3385 x713