This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch: Backport change to g++.dg/opt/pr15551.C
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: sje at cup dot hp dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 13:05:10 -0700
- Subject: Re: Patch: Backport change to g++.dg/opt/pr15551.C
- References: <200606051913.MAA19492@hpsje.cup.hp.com>
Steve Ellcey wrote:
> The test g++.dg/opt/pr15551.C was updated on the main line by Dave
> Edelsohn. The test still fails on the 4.0 and 4.1 branches because that
> test change was not backported.
> Is it OK if I backport his change to the 4.0 and 4.1 branches?
Yes. (It's OK to backport testsuite changes, whether or not the
testsuite failure is a regression; you can't break the compiler that
way, and cleaning up the test results is desirable.)
(650) 331-3385 x713