This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 4.2 Status Report (2006-06-04)
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 21:23:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: GCC 4.2 Status Report (2006-06-04)
- References: <4483411A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mark Mitchell wrote:
> This status report has been a long time coming, for which I apologize.
> As fwprop is no longer on the table for 4.2, and as the vectorizer
> improvements seem to have stalled due to a combination of lack of review
> and Dorit's leave, I think it's time to declare 4.2 feature-complete.
> That leaves us looking at regressions. There are lots; presently 56
> P1s. About half of those are new in 4.2. So, we're not ready to create
> a 4.2 branch.
Just FYI, I went through the ones that were ICE's in
add_virtual_operand, or otherwise look like aliasing, and quickly
checked whether they still cause ICE's without the whole used_alone stuff.
I've noted whether they do or not in the PR's. Hopefully this will help
someone who wants to analyze them.