This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [LTO] Move ChangeLog.lto into the GCC sub directory
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 20:46:42 -0700
- Subject: Re: [LTO] Move ChangeLog.lto into the GCC sub directory
- References: <200606030253.k532rK2x027332@earth.phy.uc.edu>
Andrew Pinski wrote:
>> CodeSourcery's usual practice is one top-level ChangeLog. Since Kazu
>> committed the first patch, we did it that way. If other LTO
>> contributors hate that we'll change it, but there's no reason to change
>> it just for the sake of changing it.
> I was proposing to following how tree-ssa was done which was multiple
> ChangeLog files in each directory (which has a normal ChangeLog).
> Which make life easier to figure out what changed in that directory.
If we'd wanted to do it the other way, we would have done it that way
(650) 331-3385 x713