This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [LTO] Move ChangeLog.lto into the GCC sub directory
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com (Mark Mitchell)
- Cc: pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu (Andrew Pinski), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 22:53:20 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [LTO] Move ChangeLog.lto into the GCC sub directory
> CodeSourcery's usual practice is one top-level ChangeLog. Since Kazu
> committed the first patch, we did it that way. If other LTO
> contributors hate that we'll change it, but there's no reason to change
> it just for the sake of changing it.
I was proposing to following how tree-ssa was done which was multiple
ChangeLog files in each directory (which has a normal ChangeLog).
Which make life easier to figure out what changed in that directory.
Also it allows for easier merges back into the mainline
Also most other branches I have seen (except for CodeSourcery's branches)
have multiple ChangeLogs.
Also isn't most of CodeSourcery's branches more of a release branch rather
than a developmental branch?