This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] for PRs 27639 and 26719
- From: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- To: Sebastian Pop <sebastian dot pop at cri dot ensmp dot fr>
- Cc: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 14:31:29 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [patch] for PRs 27639 and 26719
- References: <20060520192624.GA28713@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> <20060524204905.GB4402@napoca.cri.ensmp.fr>
On Wed, 24 May 2006, Sebastian Pop wrote:
> Zdenek Dvorak wrote:
> > PR tree-optimization/27639
> > PR tree-optimization/26719
> > * tree-vrp.c (adjust_range_with_scev): Use scev_direction and adjust
> > call to scev_probably_wraps_p.
> > * tree-ssa-loop-niter.c (compare_trees, convert_step_widening,
> > used_in_pointer_arithmetic_p, convert_step): Removed.
> > (nowrap_type_p): New function.
> > (scev_probably_wraps_p): Rewritten.
> > * tree-scalar-evolution.c (instantiate_parameters_1): Do not call
> > chrec_convert if chrec_convert_aggressive might have been used.
> > * tree-chrec.c (convert_affine_scev, chrec_convert_1,
> > scev_direction): New functions.
> > (chrec_convert): Changed to a wrapper over chrec_convert_1.
> > * tree-ssa-loop-ivopts.c (idx_find_step): Use convert_affine_scev
> > instead of convert_step.
> > * tree-flow.h (scev_probably_wraps_p): Declaration changed.
> > (convert_step): Declaration removed.
> > (convert_affine_scev, nowrap_type_p, scev_direction): Declare.
> > * gcc.dg/pr27639.c: New test.
> > * gcc.dg/pr26719.c: New test.
> > * gcc.dg/tree-ssa/scev-cast.c: New test.
> This looks ok to me,
> many thanks Zdenek for this cleanup.
I just verified (by reverting the above patch) that it is the cause
for the 5% drop in performance of tramp3d leafify performance on i686
and 40% drop in performance for non-leafify on x86_64 between May24 and
May27. I didn't do more close investigation yet what changed.
You can see the drops on
Richard Guenther <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Novell / SUSE Labs