This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR 27793 - re: C++ duplicate decl uid's
- From: "Richard Guenther" <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: "Mark Mitchell" <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "Andrew MacLeod" <amacleod at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, mmitchel at gcc dot gnu dot org, rguenth at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 13:36:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: PR 27793 - re: C++ duplicate decl uid's
- References: <1149040216.3022.318.camel@pain> <447E753B.email@example.com>
On 6/1/06, Mark Mitchell <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Andrew MacLeod wrote:[...]
> Hopefully there will be a proper fix for 4.2 in the front end, but if I
> read Mark's message in 26757 correctly, its unlikely to happen in 4.1.
I think you should check in this patch. Realistically, it may not be
until 4.3 that this is fixed in the C++ front end.
In this context, may I remind you of PR22488 where we installed a workaround for
a C++ frontend "issue" for 4.1 in the hope it would be fixed in 4.2
... As the C++
frontend experts tend to cummulate at CodeSourcery maybe you can allocate some
resources to get some of the installed workarounds cleaned up.