This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] enable libjava on HP-UX PA
- From: Andreas Tobler <toa at pop dot agri dot ch>
- To: Albert Chin <gcc-patches at mlists dot thewrittenword dot com>
- Cc: Java Patches <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, John David Anglin <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 20:46:56 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] enable libjava on HP-UX PA
- References: <446E4065.email@example.com> <20060527004955.GA55422@mail1.thewrittenword.com>
Albert Chin wrote:
On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 12:02:13AM +0200, Andreas Tobler wrote:
this patch brings libjava support for the HP-UX PA 32-bit platform.
To use it/try it you should have at least PHSS_33033 (actual is
PHSS_33035), a linker patch, and the kernel parameters maxssiz set to >=
Why the maxssiz requirement?
Well, when compiling the libjava files, the jc1 consumes lots of memory.
I remember that this failed for me. I had a very weird default maxsize
of 83570688. Reducing this value to 8MB helped, but then I was not able
to run gdb. I always got messages like this:
Pid 20872 received a SIGSEGV for stack growth failure.
Possible causes: insufficient memory or swap space,
or stack size exceeded maxssiz.
Playing around with maxssize gave me the value of 16MB, also Dave told
me has a similar setting. So I thought it would be a good advise to give.