This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix PR rtl-optimization/27761 (miscompilation)
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at airs dot com>
- To: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 26 May 2006 16:07:30 -0700
- Subject: Re: Fix PR rtl-optimization/27761 (miscompilation)
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Michael Matz <email@example.com> writes:
> * combine.c (try_combine): Protect i1src and i2src from becoming
> shared through subst().
This patch is going to generate a lot of garbage.
Suppose we instead eliminate the UNIQUE_COPY parameter to subst, and
always copy TO if we are going to substitute it? That would at least
cut down on the garbage a bit.
Anybody else have any thoughts on this?