This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Repair TYPE_REF_CAN_ALIAS_ALL machinery
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: richard dot guenther at gmail dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 22 May 06 09:14:58 EDT
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Repair TYPE_REF_CAN_ALIAS_ALL machinery
Gigi could create a union with the two pointed-to types for this case
and expose the casted to pointer as a pointer to that union to the
No, it can't since the type that the pointer is being converted from may
not be a pointer, so there's no second "pointed-to" type. The most common
case of this is an unchechecked conversion from Address (an integer type)
to an access type.